Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biology Forum Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

Would anyone check my answer on this Genetics problem?

Would anyone check my answer on this Genetics problem? - Biology Forum

Would anyone check my answer on this Genetics problem? - Biology Forums. Ask questions and discuss the study of Biology. If you have Biology questions from your homework ask them here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Would anyone check my answer on this Genetics problem?

Two independently assorting loci interact to exert a major influence on fur color in some varieties of dogs.* Alleles at the B locus determine the amount of the pigment melanin deposited in the strands of fur.* The dominant allele, B, results in more pigment deposition to produce black fur, while expression of the recessive allele, b, results in less pigment deposition to produce brown (chocolate) fur.* At the I locus the dominant allele, I, inhibits the depositing of melanin and results in white or light yellow fur, while expression of its recessive counterpart, i, allows melanin to be deposited normally.* Determine the phenotypic ratio of the progeny produced by mating two phenotypically white dogs, each heterozygous at both loci.

My answer: 3:1:12 (3 Black, 1 Brown, 12 White/Yellow)

Can anyone confirm this or refute it?

Tags
answer , check , genetics , problem , _