Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Bioinformatics
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bioinformatics Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

phylogenetic tree construction

phylogenetic tree construction - Bioinformatics

phylogenetic tree construction - Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 188, Level: 3 Points: 188, Level: 3 Points: 188, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question phylogenetic tree construction

Hi,

I have isolated 9 soil bacteria and sent for sequencing. I had identified them using BLASTn. The results showed that 5 of them belong to genus Bacillus, 2 strains belong to genus Serratia , 1 strain is genus Pseudomonas and 1 strain belong to genus Escherichia.

Now, I would like to construct phylogenetic tree. However, I not sure how to do it.
So, can I just construct a phylogenetic tree that only consists 9 strains of my study bacteria samples?
Or do I need to construct a phylogenetic tree that consists of my study isolated bacteria together with some related bacteria species??

Please help me to remove all my doubt... Thanks.