Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Bioinformatics
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bioinformatics Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

Patch to UGENE?-I can't BLAST

Patch to UGENE?-I can't BLAST - Bioinformatics

Patch to UGENE?-I can't BLAST - Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Patch to UGENE?-I can't BLAST

I want to BLAST my sequence using UGENE. I am clicking Actions-->Analyze-->Query NCBI BLAST Database... and then set parameters. But there is some error after a while : " 'RemoteBLASTTask' task failed: Cannot load a page".
If I try: Tools-->BLAST-->BLAST+Search, I can't do BLAST becouse, I quote: "Path for BLAST+ tools not selected. Do you want to select it now?" But when I looking for some file with this tool, I don't see it.

Mayby I need to download some file- but from where?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Volunteer
Points: 2,219, Level: 30 Points: 2,219, Level: 30 Points: 2,219, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Patch to UGENE?-I can't BLAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
I want to BLAST my sequence using UGENE. I am clicking Actions-->Analyze-->Query NCBI BLAST Database... and then set parameters. But there is some error after a while : " 'RemoteBLASTTask' task failed: Cannot load a page".
If I try: Tools-->BLAST-->BLAST+Search, I can't do BLAST becouse, I quote: "Path for BLAST+ tools not selected. Do you want to select it now?" But when I looking for some file with this tool, I don't see it.

Mayby I need to download some file- but from where?
I think I can help you here.

First: the latest version of UGENE is v1.9.1. It does support running BLAST using different NCBI databases. I used blastn today - and it works OK. But AFAIK if you try using CDD - UGENE 1.9.1 fails. the reason is that output format of CDD type searches was changed recently. The required patch will be applied in UGENE v1.9.2 that must be released in a week.

Second: in order to get help fast feel free writing to official UGENE forum or bug tracker.
Here is the links: [Only registered users see links. ] [Only registered users see links. ]

Third:
"Tools-->BLAST-->BLAST+Search" are used for BLAST searches with locally installed database. If you are able to download database locally (usually hundreds of megs) it can greatly increase search time. Or you can create your own database with this tools.

Hope it helps, feel free to ask if more help is needed.

Last edited by mfursov; 03-15-2011 at 06:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mfursov For This Useful Post:
admin (03-15-2011)

Tags
blast , patch , ugenei