I have recently completed my Ph.D. in applied mathematics and I would like to do my research in bioinformatics. I am not sure which part of this field should I start with that is close to my skills. I have following skills:
1. Mathematical modeling
2. simulation using various numerical techniques
3. Intermediate background in Statistics
4. Parallel processing using MPI and OpenMP
5. Very strong programming skills of various languages
6. No biological knowledge (but ready to learn and need direction)
If some one could point me a direction where I could apply these skills, would be great.
Thanks for reading.