Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Bioinformatics
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bioinformatics Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

tools for checking non-specific binding of primers

tools for checking non-specific binding of primers - Bioinformatics

tools for checking non-specific binding of primers - Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 380, Level: 7 Points: 380, Level: 7 Points: 380, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default tools for checking non-specific binding of primers

I used to use GeneJockey to check my primers for non-specific binding to my gene. There is a function called Matrix (I think) that would check for homology between my primers and my gene. It will then display a colour-coded plot showing the homology in different regions of the gene. For example, a region of yellow indicates low homology (ie non-specific priming is unlikely) and a black region means high homology (ie non-specific binding is highly probable). However, that program is for Mac OS9 and I don't use Mac anymore. I'm also not sure what this kind of analysis is called. Does anyone know of any software for Windows (preferably freeware) or online tools that can perform this kind of analysis? Thanks!

* +

Tags
binding , checking , nonspecific , primers , tools