Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Bioinformatics
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bioinformatics Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

Densitometry Software for Band Intensity Detection

Densitometry Software for Band Intensity Detection - Bioinformatics

Densitometry Software for Band Intensity Detection - Have questions about bioinformatic tools or databases? Post questions here. Discuss and post interesting bioinformatics information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Nobel Laureate

Post Densitometry Software for Band Intensity Detection

Hi dear ones
is there is some software available that have the option to measure the intensity of the band, or size of the band after taking the image of the gel of PAGE in gel documentation system
if yes then please send the link

regards
aftab ahmad
Old 07-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Nobel Laureate

Default Re: Band intensity detection

hi Admin (Joe)
i request you to please help me in this problem
and i hope you will help me.
regards

aftab
Old 07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Band intensity detection

Dear Aftab,
are you looking for free or paid densitometry softare?
I found some of both for you.

Free software for densitometry analysis.

Gelscape
http://www.gelscape.ualberta.ca:8080/htm/index.html

Open2Dprot - Free, Open-source quantitative proteomics software for data mining databases and analysis of 2D gels. Also Unix version of the NCI GELLAB-II image analysis software.

Paid Densitometry Software:

http://www.silkscientific.com/usiginfo.htm
345$
  • GELLAB II+ - 2D gel analysis software for Windows. Scanalytics Inc. also offers Gene Profiler, 1Dscan EX, and DNAscan for Windows and ONE-Dscan for Macintosh.
  • Gel-Pro Analyzer - 1-D PAGE / agarose gel analysis software (Media Cybernetics Inc.). Used by molecular biologists for intuitive, easy-to-use analysis.
  • Gel-Quant - A 1-D gel image analysis software for Windows.
  • ImageMaster 2D Platinum & DeCyder - ImageMaster 2D Platinum has scripting tools to facilitate automated gel analysis and is powered by Melanie. Decyder was made specifically for 2D DIGE analysis.
  • Impressionist - Analyzes the quality of proteomics data and lets you set quality parameters to ensure data reliability throughout your experiments. Is easily installed on a server so that data from 2D gel experiments can be accessed on your Intranet using a web browser.
  • Investigator HT Analyzer - 2D gel analysis software that can provide data to an Investigator ProPic robotic workstation for protein excision. HT Analyzer Evolution works with HT Analyzer to enable batch processing for higher throughput analysis.
  • MCID Elite - Comprehensive and flexible bioscience image acquisition and analysis system. Image analysis software for autoradiography, densitometry, fluorescence, montaging, gels and stereology.
  • Melanie - Analyzes, annotates, and queries 2D gel samples for DNA and proteomic applications. Has recently been acquired by Amersham Biosciences and incorporated into ImageMaster 2D Platinum.
  • NCI Flicker - A Java applet which reads two images from the Internet and then displays them in the your Web browser. It allows you to enhance them in various ways and to compare them visually in a third window called the flicker window.
  • ProFINDER 2D - Software (Perkin Elmer) features high sensitivity, improved consistency, improved level of automation, and powerful data visualization.
  • Progenesis & Phoretix - Software for the high-level 2-D PAGE gel analysis software that aims to be fully automate analyses. The INCA algorithm reduces noise prior to spot detection.
  • TotalLab - A program for 1D and 2D densitometry of gel patterns, blots, microtitre plates and colony counting.
Cheers!

Last edited by admin; 07-27-2006 at 07:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
shera (02-12-2009)
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Densitometry Software for Band Intensity Detection

I looking for a free densitometry analysis software and I want to use it on PC . Please help me.
thanks for your help
Behdani

Last edited by el_behdani; 10-20-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Densitometry Software for Band Intensity Detection

Hi Behdani,

Check out the admin's reply above. Also can try "Image J" (I have not tried it yet). Please Google it; I am not allowed to post a link for the moment .

Regards,

Robert

Tags
band , densitometry , detection , intensity , software