Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biochemistry Forum Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS)

Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS) - Biochemistry Forum

Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS) - Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS)

Hello,

I am writing a research paper on BBS, and one of my assignment is to find out the areas that have not yet been explored regarding BBS genes. I have read many literature papers on the topic and so far, a lot of the genes (BBS1 to BBS14) have been identified. I was looking for an area that was not been explored and relates to the folding and assembly of BBS proteins. A paper published in 2009 revealed that BBS6, BBS10 and BBS12 form a complex with molecular chaperon, CCT/TRiC. However, the chaperonin-like (if they have?) property of other BBS proteins seem to be elusive and little is know about their mechanism. Can someone share with me his/her idea?

Please share your insight and ideas.

Thanks,
Mure

Tags
bardetbiedl , bbs , syndrome