Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biochemistry Forum Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

PAGE problem - missing band in markers? (probably something very basic)

PAGE problem - missing band in markers? (probably something very basic) - Biochemistry Forum

PAGE problem - missing band in markers? (probably something very basic) - Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default PAGE problem - missing band in markers? (probably something very basic)

Hello, I have a problem with ugly PAGE gel. It is from a lab class, so I cannot do it again and I just cannot identify the bands in my markers... Well, it makes some sense if I say "okay, marker 2 is the one on the right side, and the smallest band just disappeared", but I dont know if its possible?

This is the gel:
postimage.org/image/9harbzqo7/

and the two markers used:
postimage.org/image/u93oqcybr/
postimage.org/image/l66e0er7v/

I have tried to mark the bands in various ways, assuming that "this and that band blurred together", but no use. This marking makes some sense (I also assume - from looking at what other people did - that the darkest area in samples is around 50-55 kDa... it is F0F1 ATPase from rat liver), but why would I miss the 6 kDa band?

Any input very much appreciated.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Banned
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1

Default Re: PAGE problem - missing band in markers? (probably something very basic)

I did not understood your problem yet.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

Default Re: PAGE problem - missing band in markers? (probably something very basic)

Try doing things like drying your clothes outside. Doing this even a few months of the year can save a family quite a bit on electrical costs.
When you can use cold water over using hot water. Heating hot water uses quite a bit more energy than just using the cold water which doesn't require any of this electricity.
Be sure to maintain your refrigerator. This would include making sure the cooling coils in the refrigerator and freezer are clear. Also go to the bottom and back of the unit so that you can clean out the vent which will help it run better.

Tags
band , basic , markers , missing , page , problem