Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biochemistry Forum Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

Homework ? - Designing Experiment to find PBP cofactors

Homework ? - Designing Experiment to find PBP cofactors - Biochemistry Forum

Homework ? - Designing Experiment to find PBP cofactors - Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Homework ? - Designing Experiment to find PBP cofactors

Hello,

I am supposed to design an experiment to test for additional cofactors that might assist PBP in the synthesis of the PG layer in bacteria.

This paper, where they hypothesize that additional cofactors are involved besides the two they identified, is my starting point:

I guess I can't link because I'm new, but if you copy this into google, and select the 4th result down; it is a PDF of the paper:

"Lipoprotein Cofactors Located in the Outer Membrane Activate Bacterial Cell Wall Polymerases"

I am just trying to get some traction. If anyone can offer any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tags
cofactors , designing , experiment , find , homework , pbp