Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biochemistry Forum Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

Sf9 cells culture conditions

Sf9 cells culture conditions - Biochemistry Forum

Sf9 cells culture conditions - Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,615, Level: 24 Points: 1,615, Level: 24 Points: 1,615, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question Sf9 cells culture conditions

Hi,
I have to cultivate Sf9 cells to produce recombiant proteins after baculoviruses infection.
My question concerns culture conditions of this type of cell. Please, can you indicate me how do you cultivate them… I have no experience regarding these cells. Actually, I try to cultivate them into the Lonza Insect-XPRESS™ Protein-free Insect Cell Medium with L-glutamine, using TPP plastic 75 cm² flasks with closable lids. Cells are low passage (P6) and come from a lab in Pasteur Institut. In fact, I’m cultivating these cells exactly as in the lab in Pasteur. And cells don’t grow : when I split them (1/5), new batch do not grow…
I’m sure that I’m in sterile conditions as no trouble can be observed in flasks.
What can you advise to me ?
Thank you very much in advance, best regards.
Nico
Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Volunteer
Points: 960, Level: 17 Points: 960, Level: 17 Points: 960, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Sf9 cells culture conditions

Hola Nico, I didn´t realize of this mail and I have discovered today. Well, this medium is for serum free medium adapted cells as the Sf900 from invitrogene, they are designed for grow at high densities in liquid medium but they grow in bottles too. The most conventional medium is modified Grace´s (TNMFH) with serum .In it, cells grow in monolayer and suspension in spiners, because if you want grow them in baffled flasks you have to add Pluronic 0.1% to protect cells of agitation forces. So you have to look in what medium your cells have been grown, and seed them in it or similar. After when you have good grow, because they grow very well,if you want you have to sequencially adapt them to the new medium About your last question of DTT in Kinase assays, here we do them cdks, PIM family PI3ks and i asked to my collegues with do them, and say me that without reducer, the activity is lower.
The Following User Says Thank You to protolder For This Useful Post:
tavernier7 (02-19-2011)

Tags
baculovirus , cells , conditions , culture , recombinant protein , sf9