Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biochemistry Forum Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!


Problem with coating the plate with polyheme for anchorage independent assay

Problem with coating the plate with polyheme for anchorage independent assay - Biochemistry Forum

Problem with coating the plate with polyheme for anchorage independent assay - Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
TBX TBX is offline
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Problem with coating the plate with polyheme for anchorage independent assay



Hi guys:

What I am doing is using Methyl Cellulose to do the anchorage independt assay with the bottom of the 96-well plate coated with polyheme to prevent cell adhesion. However, after I have repeated the assay many times, I found what caused the problem was the actual coating of the bottom of the plate went wrong.

Ideally, the coating shouldn't give any background at any stage after coating. However, when polyheme is tried (I always led it try for around 1hr. Then I found it actually dried up in 30-35min. Before it's dried, the bottom of the well looks smooth and right after the 30-35min drying the well suddenly becomes completely dried and when I looked down the microscope, I observed an opaque patterning instead of a smooth and relatively transparent background. I think it's due to the lack of adhesion prevention, some of the suspending cells in the methyl celluose sunk to the bottom and divided like normal cell culture.

Does anyone know how to solve this polyheme problem? Thanks a lot. Here is my protocol for this assay:

Preparation of Polyhema:

Dissolve 0.084g polyhema powder in 700l 95% EtOH. It gives 700l 10x polyhema solution. Leave in 60C waterbath, votexing occasionally for hours and leave it in waterbath O/N. The next morning add 6.3ml 95% EtOH to dilute it down to 1x (final conc. 12mg/ml). Put it back to 60C in waterbath, votexing occasionally for a couple of hours before plating.

Add 50l to each well except peripheral normal medium only wells. Air-dry in the hood with lid off for 1hr.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anchorage , assay , coating , independent , plate , polyheme , problem


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
weird problem in transfecting 293 cells in 24-well plate Cell Biology and Cell Culture 1 04-17-2007 03:54 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Molecular Station | All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.11415 seconds with 16 queries