Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > Biochemistry Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biochemistry Forum Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

Pre-Med student. Should I ,major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences?...

Pre-Med student. Should I ,major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences?... - Biochemistry Forum

Pre-Med student. Should I ,major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences?... - Discuss and post questions regarding the study of Biochemistry. If you need homework help this is the place to ask!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 178, Level: 3 Points: 178, Level: 3 Points: 178, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Pre-Med student. Should I ,major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences?...

...What is the difference between them? I'm going to be a pre-med student but I dont know if I should major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences. Well, actually I keep seeing biomedical sciences and I'm wondering if that would be a better fit.

In your answer, could you please go over the courses in each (be very general, I'm not trying to use up all of your time) and which is easier.

By the way, I'm definately going with biochemistry I just want to know about biomedical sciences.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 AM
Nobel Laureate
Points: 8,612, Level: 64 Points: 8,612, Level: 64 Points: 8,612, Level: 64

Default Re: Pre-Med student. Should I ,major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences?...

Biomedical Science all the way--or find a major that is explicitly Pre-Med.
The most important thing is to go to a school and major where you will meet other high-quality Pre-Med students, you will learn and gain the most from a strong network of the right people. I mean this in a very literal sense--these guys are TYPE A personality all the way.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,576, Level: 23 Points: 1,576, Level: 23 Points: 1,576, Level: 23

Default Re: Pre-Med student. Should I ,major in biochemistry or biomedical sciences?...

Biochemistry. You might find that the biochemistry program is the most diffucult.

Tags
biochemistry , biomedical , major , premed , sciences , student