Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Arabidopsis and Plant Biology
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arabidopsis and Plant Biology Discuss Arabidopsis and Plant Biology Research.

FLX shotgun sequencing -help please!

FLX shotgun sequencing -help please! - Arabidopsis and Plant Biology

FLX shotgun sequencing -help please! - Discuss Arabidopsis and Plant Biology Research.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default FLX shotgun sequencing -help please!

Hi everbody!

I urgently need help with FLX 454 sequencing, I'm totally new in this area. So my questions could be so basic. I have a plant with no genomic sequence information available and want to get some random sequences from this plant which I will later try to detect ssr's (or microsatellites) with use of some bioinformatic programs. I don't have gross budget to use the whole genome sequencing function of the FLX.

I thought about using the shotgun sequencing system of FLX but I don't know how. Should I first digest my gDNA's and run them on a gel and than just extract some size of interest and enrich these fragments with cloning in bac or some vectors? Could anyone help me? Please, help me,
Thanks a lot

Tags
flx , sequencing , shotgun