[Arabidopsis] Bioinformatics Postdoc in High Throughput Sequencing
Bioinformatics Postdoc in High Throughput Sequencing [Only registered users see links. ]
The Waksman Institute of Microbiology located on the New Brunswick campus of Rutgers University is seeking applicants for a bioinformatics postdoc appointment to develop bioinformatic tools and analyze genome, transcriptome and epigenome data generated on the 454, Illumina and SOLiD high-throughput sequencing platforms. The qualified candidate will develop methods to extract biological meaning from DNA sequence information and should have a strong background in biology, bioinformatics and scripting languages with experience building and maintaining biological databases. The qualified candidate should be able to process information from sequencing machines and solve long term genomics questions that high-throughput sequencing can address. It is expected that research will lead to publication in top tier journals and presentation at National and International conferences.
* Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, systems biology or other related fields; candidates with a Ph.D. in physics, mathematics or computer science that have some practical biology knowledge and experience are also encouraged to apply.
* Strong publication record and demonstrated scientific track record.
* Strong computational and statistical skills.
* Programming and database experience; Perl, python or Ruby expertise required.
* Experience with next generation sequencing, microarrays or other high-throughput biology is desirable.
* Willingness to supervise graduate students and undergraduates is desirable.
How to apply:
For more information about this position please contact: