Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Arabidopsis and Plant Biology
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arabidopsis and Plant Biology Discuss Arabidopsis and Plant Biology Research.

At1g01030 - numbering at seq. view of TAIR

At1g01030 - numbering at seq. view of TAIR - Arabidopsis and Plant Biology

At1g01030 - numbering at seq. view of TAIR - Discuss Arabidopsis and Plant Biology Research.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 04:38 AM
md hussain

Default At1g01030 - numbering at seq. view of TAIR

Dear Arab-net users,

Good morning. I have a doubt to share with you. I found the gene sequence of At1g01030 (using seq viewer of [Only registered users see links. ] sequence is from 11649 bp tp 13611 bp. In seq view, the direction of gene sequence i.e., TAC (ATG on complementary strand) starts at 13,611 and ends at 11,649.

On complementary strand I checked the gene location again. The numbering again from 13, 611 bp to 11, 649 bp. My doubt here is how this numbering is possible on complementary strand? Because the complementary strand has 3 <--- 5 reading from right side to left side. That means 5---------3 forward strand(left to right)
3<------------5 complementary strand (right to left)

In this case numbering on complementary strand starts from 5? Is it right?

I request dear users to please clarify my doubt.
Regards,
Hussain.

Tags
numbering , seq , tair , view