Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Antibody Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antibody Forum Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

Antigen Selection and Design for Antibody Generation

Antigen Selection and Design for Antibody Generation - Antibody Forum

Antigen Selection and Design for Antibody Generation - Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
M.D/Ph.D

Question Antigen Selection and Design for Antibody Generation

How can I select and design a peptide for antibody generation?

Does anyone have experience with a coupling strategy?

thanks in advance!

Moleculardude
Old 02-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,391, Level: 21 Points: 1,391, Level: 21 Points: 1,391, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Antigen Selection and Design for Antibody Generation

I have the same question... specifically when we know the antigen is membrane associated, how can we make sure that the designed peptide will surely be exposed to be recognized by antibody invivo....
Old 02-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,391, Level: 21 Points: 1,391, Level: 21 Points: 1,391, Level: 21

Ok.. Yesterday, I found this site when I was looking for answers regarding peptide design for membrane bound protein antigen. I was excited to see that we have common questions and thought some body out there must have an answer...
so where is (s)he?

I have generated several peptide antibodies (both poly and mono) over last few years. I design peptide based on antigenic sites predicted by softwares (like Antigenic) in a given amino acid sequence. A length of 20 amino acid is enough to generate antibody. However, the titer may not be as good as a polyclonal raised with full length protein. My problem at this point is I have to generate an antibody against a membrane bound protein. The software predicted antigenic sites are all located in the transmembrane domain. thus, I am sure that the antibody (even if it has a resonable titer against the peptide) will not see the site in vivo and thereby will fail to recognize the antigen.
Is there any body you know who can help me out in this?
Thanks
BAS
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,435, Level: 22 Points: 1,435, Level: 22 Points: 1,435, Level: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculardude View Post
Does anyone have experience with a coupling strategy?
Moleculardude
There is a few usually method for coupling peptide to carrier, e.g. EDC, NHS. I have linked a few of haptens to BSA,OVA,KLH, maybe we can discuss the linking futher by email. my email: [Only registered users see links. ]
Old 03-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,449, Level: 22 Points: 1,449, Level: 22 Points: 1,449, Level: 22

Hi,

There is no easy answer to this one as it is very sequence specific. In a lot of cases you may not be able to do anything about it. In some cases you can use other poor looking regions and get some sucess. Keep in mind that all antigen prediction software are flawed to a degree and the best looking regions may actually fail to give an antibody to the protein anyway.

I hesitate to post this as I don't want to be seen to promote my company but it is best to let somebody have a look at this for you specifically and we can do that for you foc. I have therefore sent a private message to keep it off the main forum, hope this is ok!

Iain
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,636, Level: 24 Points: 1,636, Level: 24 Points: 1,636, Level: 24

Hi All,

Alternative to using peptide will be to use DNA expression vector for immunization. This is especially good approach for membrane bound antigens, and there is no need to make peptide or protein. You can PCR out your sequence and insert into an an expression vector. There are several good reference on this as well as companies doing this. Let me know if you need more information.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 423, Level: 8 Points: 423, Level: 8 Points: 423, Level: 8

Smile Need some advice

Hi Guys
I am looking to design an antibody. I also designed the peptide sequence based on several prediction methods. However, when I submitted the sequence, I got a reply back from the company making the antibody that since my residue has a central cysteine, they cannot synthesize the antibody. However, on my antigenecity plots the peptide sequence containing this cysteine comes out as the best. On the hydrophobicity plots too, this region is the least hydrophobic. Now the question I have is: Is the presence of a single cysteine enough to make the peptide antigenic? I actually came across a paper wherein a peptide containing an internal cysteine was actually being tried as a vaccine. Can you please give me your views on this?
Thanks and hoping to hear from some of you.
sincerely
Subh
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

Default Re: Need some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhankar2505206 View Post
Hi Guys
I am looking to design an antibody. I also designed the peptide sequence based on several prediction methods. However, when I submitted the sequence, I got a reply back from the company making the antibody that since my residue has a central cysteine, they cannot synthesize the antibody. However, on my antigenecity plots the peptide sequence containing this cysteine comes out as the best. On the hydrophobicity plots too, this region is the least hydrophobic. Now the question I have is: Is the presence of a single cysteine enough to make the peptide antigenic? I actually came across a paper wherein a peptide containing an internal cysteine was actually being tried as a vaccine. Can you please give me your views on this?
Thanks and hoping to hear from some of you.
sincerely
Subh

hi subh
our company is synthesising peptides and antibodies.if i get the sequence of your interest ,i think i can help you.if you interested the further discussion we can made through mails.you can send to [Only registered users see links. ]
sincerely
shiju

Last edited by shiju; 06-11-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,636, Level: 24 Points: 1,636, Level: 24 Points: 1,636, Level: 24

We can help design the right peptide with guaranteed antibody titer. Please check our website AntibodyResearch.com. Or contact us for more information [Only registered users see links. ]

SudhirDas Prayaga
Old 09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antibodydude View Post
Hi All,

Alternative to using peptide will be to use DNA expression vector for immunization. This is especially good approach for membrane bound antigens, and there is no need to make peptide or protein. You can PCR out your sequence and insert into an an expression vector. There are several good reference on this as well as companies doing this. Let me know if you need more information.
I know its been over 2 years but if you're still out there could you send me the references you refered to. THanks.

Tags
antibody , antigen , design , generation , selection