Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Antibody Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antibody Forum Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

Antigen retrieval

Antigen retrieval - Antibody Forum

Antigen retrieval - Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Antigen retrieval

I am doing antigen retrieval on brain sections. Antigen retrieval buffer is tris-Hcl buffer pH 9.5. Heating the buffer at 80 C for 30mins and cool it for 1hr and then process it for regular immunocytochemistry. I use polyclonal primary antibody, biotinylated secondary antibody and incubate with ABC complex and later on stain with glucose oxidase Ni DAB solution. I use free floating sections for the assay but I have trouble when I mount these sections, there are lots of wrinkles and sometimes some parts are missing. As far as staining goes, I get a clear staining. Do you have any suggestions for this? Have any of you tried antigen retrieval on slide mounted sections?? IF so what would be your coating of the slides. I use gelatin coated slides and didnt work well. All sections got detached from it.

Tags
antigen , retrieval