Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum

Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/)
-   Antibody Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/antibody-forum/)
-   -   Looking for anti-variable light chain (kappa) antibody [mouse]- Please Help! (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/antibody-forum/73406-looking-anti-variable-light-chain-kappa-antibody-%5Bmouse%5D-please-help.html)

darmst2 07-21-2010 11:55 AM

Looking for anti-variable light chain (kappa) antibody [mouse]- Please Help!

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a commercial antibody that will recognize a mouse variable light (kappa) chain?

I have a scFv that I need to detect and it doesn't contain a Fc or Constant domain so I need something specific for the Variable region.

I'm hoping there's a commercial antibody or a lab that has prepared some anti-variable antiserum that would be willing to share an aliquot???

Thanks,
Dustin

Flatliner 08-30-2011 12:52 PM

Re: Looking for anti-variable light chain (kappa) antibody [mouse]- Please Help!

Did you find anything? I am currently in the exact same situation. Any help would be great!

darmst2 08-31-2011 01:47 PM

Re: Looking for anti-variable light chain (kappa) antibody [mouse]- Please Help!

No, I still haven't found one...

SarahG 09-02-2011 06:38 PM

The only one I could find is from US Biologicals.

See:
1degreebio.org/product.php?pid=562424&qid=17692

From their description: "...Protein L will also bind Single Chain Variable Fragments (Sc Fv) and Fab Fragments. Protein L binds kappa I, III, and IV in human and kappa I on mouse."

Hope this helps,
Sarah

Flatliner 09-09-2011 09:24 AM

Thanks, but I've already tried that. pL does not bind the scFv i'm trying to detect. :cussing:

Flatliner 09-09-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darmst2 (Post 435912)
No, I still haven't found one...

Have you by any chance tested 1904-66N from us biological (usbio.net)?
It's a polyclonal serum raised against full length IgG's. the guys at usbio said they expect it to bind both constant and variable, but they didn't know.

obama 09-09-2011 11:09 AM

you can contact customer care of any standard antibody supplier they can help you out.

RMcDuffie 03-21-2012 01:14 PM

I've ordered custom monoclonal and polyclonal projects from Abpro aganst very diffucult targets (small peptides, high homology, GPCR, phospho-specific, cell surface proteins, ect) with very good results. If you can't find the antibody in a commercial catalogue, they can make it for you