Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Antibody Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antibody Forum Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

Precipitated Antibody Problems

Precipitated Antibody Problems - Antibody Forum

Precipitated Antibody Problems - Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unhappy Precipitated Antibody Problems

Hey there Folks,

I spent a good deal of time purifying some antibodies from serum. They were kept at ~1.5mg/ml in PBS and kept at 4C. I tested them with western and they seemed to work fine. However when I went to do experiments with them the following week, I found that they were not working as well as I expected.

I noticed that the protein has precipitated, and I was wondering if there was a way of getting them back into solution without damaging the antibody.

Thank for your help. This is my first post to this forum.

~
Old 06-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Precipitated Antibody Problems

Production of a "Blocking Type" Antibody in Rabbits
Robert Feinberg
Abstract

1. Nonprecipitating antibody of the blocking type has been produced in rabbits by multiple subcutaneous injections of antigen suspended in Freund's adjuvant.
2. Injection of animals intravenously and intramuscularly with antigen adsorbed onto alum failed to produce this type of antibody.
3. The nonprecipitating antibody detected by combination with radioiodinated antigen was precipitable by sheep antirabbit globulin and electrophoretically is a {gamma}-globulin.

Tags
antibody , precipitated , problems