Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Antibody Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antibody Forum Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

Covalent labeling of antibody on solid phase

Covalent labeling of antibody on solid phase - Antibody Forum

Covalent labeling of antibody on solid phase - Antibody Forum. Ask and discuss antibody suppliers, antibody related techniques and protocols, and antibody production such as using phage display libraries.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,137, Level: 19 Points: 1,137, Level: 19 Points: 1,137, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Covalent labeling of antibody on solid phase

Hi there,

I would like to covalently label an antibody with Alexa 647 following the protocol described in E. Lundberg et al. (J Immunol Methods. 322 (2007) 40-49) but I am not sure about the use of the TopTip Protein G micropipette tips (Glygen Corp.). In the paper it is mentioned that one micropipette tip contains 30 -50 Āµg of protein A according to the manufacturer. However, I can't find any information as to how much protein G is contained in the corresponding tips containing protein G. I need this piece of information to calculate the amount of dye needed. Has anyone already tried this method of antibody labeling? I would appreciate any piece of advice. Thanks.

Greetings

Pheebz

Tags
antibody , covalent , labeling , phase , solid