Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques > Agarose Gel Electrophoresis Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Agarose Gel Electrophoresis Forum Agarose Gel Electrophoresis Forum. A forum to discuss electrophoresis staining, troubleshooting, and development of films for DNA and RNA gels.

Genomic DNA in Agarose Gel

Genomic DNA in Agarose Gel - Agarose Gel Electrophoresis Forum

Genomic DNA in Agarose Gel - Agarose Gel Electrophoresis Forum. A forum to discuss electrophoresis staining, troubleshooting, and development of films for DNA and RNA gels.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,624, Level: 24 Points: 1,624, Level: 24 Points: 1,624, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Genomic DNA in Agarose Gel

Hi...

I would like to know whether I can run a ~50Kb Genomic DNA using agarose gel? Its just one single type of genomic DNA and I would like to check the quality of the DNA (to see what percentage of DNA is of complete length). Can someone suggest the methods I should use for this kind of experiment?

What agarose % is good? Some references I came across suggest 0.3% agarose gel but that should be very fragile from my understanding.

Does the gel size matter? I have prepared mini-gels for analyzing some very short PCR fragments before but have no idea about genomic DNA of ~50Kb size.

I am new to this field and trying to learn some things. May be someone here can help me with suggestions from your experience.

Thanks.

Have a good day!!!

Tags
agarose , agarose gel , dna , gel , genomic , genomic dna